The objective of this sub-component is to increase agriculture and water productivity of selectedfield's crops, improve water use efficiency, promote shift to low water requiring crops and reducewater foot print of agriculture in the project clusters. On-farm Integrated Crop Management (ICM)demonstrations will be the core project intervention under this sub-component, and the main vehiclefor the dissemination of improved technologies to the farmers.
Demonstrations serve as an effective instrument for rapid dissemination of technology. Theeffectiveness of demonstration would increase with organization of field day around thedemonstration. The demonstrations to be organized under this project would be compositedemonstrations, demonstrating complete technology package of production.
Adoption rate of demonstration's technologies will be recorded in the years following the year inwhich demonstrations are organized. The adoption rates (number of farmers adopting demonstratedtechnologies, area on which, the technologies are adopted and farm level yield gains achieved by thefarmers) will be monitored in the following years. This is essential for evaluating theproductivity/quality gains achieved by the farmers as a result of demonstrations and trainings.
1. The activities of Agriculture Subcomponent will be implemented in all the 17 clusters of RACP. The activities of Agriculture subcomponent has been covered under all four components of the RACP i.e. Climate Resilient Agriculture, Market and value chains, Farmer Organisationand capacity building and Project Management, M&E, Learning.
2. The PMU will finalize the Annual Action Plan (AAP) and the Procurement Plan (PP) on the proposal of Agriculture Department/ PIU. The Operational Guidelines (OG) of the program will be finalized by the PMU with consultation with department/ PIU. These AAP and OG will be circulated to the departmental implementing agencies to execute the programme.
3. All the Agriculture related activities are being planned & implemented by the concerned District Units or PIA viz. District Extension Officer (Phoolasar - Bikaner and Palaitha - Baran), Agriculture Officer (Kheruwala - Jaisalmer), DPM (Mokhampura - Jaipur) and Dy. Director, Agriculture ZP (rest 13 clusters) with a close touch with PIU and PMU as per approved Annual Action Plan (AAP) prepared for the year.
4. The District Unit/ PIA will be responsible for procurement(other than PIU\ PMU), especially, at the threshold limit of shopping as per approved procureent plan. He will be the DDO for Agriculture related activities of RACP and make all the payments.
5. The beneficiary of the cluster will apply for the particular activity. According to eligibility criteria the sanction will be accorded for him within the limit of AAP.
6. The documents along with the application form required to submit by the beneficiary farmer are: land ownership document, source of irrigation, declaration (willingness for the given activity, utilization of resources assisted by the project to serve the objective and ready to give farmers share) and Agreement as per applicability.
7. The application mode for the programmes may be opted offline or online as per the prevailing pattern of departmental guidelines in the similar cases. Disposal of eligible application may be done on first come first serve basis. In case of higher number of eligible application than the targets, disposal may be done by lottery system.
8. The district unit may provide the deadlines dates for inviting the beneficiaries applications with due publicity to ascertain the timely disposal. The primary beneficiary shouldsmallholder farmers. Due importance should be provided to SCP, TSP and woman farmers.
9. The programme/ activities will be implemented in the field after issuance of administrativesanction/ work order.
10. The payments should be made through online banking/ RTGS to the concerned.
11. The details of farmer’s contribution will be maintained by the concernedDDO and the same will be monitored by PMU.
12. The major activities under Agriculture Subcomponent will be:
Sub Component 1A: Improved water use efficiency
1A Micro Irrigation (MI) based technology
1A-1 Drip Irrigation System, Automation and fertigation based techniques for field crops
1A-2 Mini Sprinkler based techniques for field crops
1A-3 Water Harvesting Structures/Diggies
1B Sub Component 1B: Technology transfer and market led advisory services
1B-a Promoting Adoption and Documentation of Improved Technologies
1Ba-1 Soil Testing
1Ba-2 Demonstrations on production technologies for value chain crops to bridge gap
1Ba-3 Demonstrations on farm mechanization and PHM technologies
1Ba-4 Demonstrations on forage/ fodder
1Ba-5 Promotion to seed production and adaption support
1B-b Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based demand driven participatory extension system (Modernization of extension/ research linkages)
1Bb-1 KSK strengthening as model in project area-to serve as I level
1Bb-2 ATC/ KVK/ ARS/ other institute strengthening to serve as II/ III level
1Bb-3 Honorarium to the II/ III level experts for solution of the problems and facilitate field visits
1Bb-4 Digital instruments to field coordinator/ staff
1Bb-5 Potential threats led/ Pro-P based literature on cluster specific crops
1Bb-6 Platform/ Software development to facilitate the problem solution at the I/II/III level and user interface
2 Components 2: Markets and Value Chains
2A Sub Component 2A: Agri-Business Promotion Facility
2A Commodity focused Farmer Common Service Centres (FCSC)
2A-1 FCSC for Input arrangements/ PHT/ Agro services along with FPOcenter in the cluster
2A-2 Operational support for FCSC
3.1 Capacity building: Field days, exposure visits, orientation, capacity building
3.2 NGO for social mobilization: Hiring the Services of NGO for Community Participation, Social Screening and Social Mobilization required for implementation of Cluster Agricultural Competitiveness Plan (CACP)
4 Components 4: Project Management, Monitoring and Learning
4.1 Expenses at District unit Project Implementation Agency (PIA) Operating for PIA
4.2 Project Implementation Unit (PIU) Operating costs for PIU